Monday, November 30, 2009

Project Review: New Adventures of Flash Gordon





Project Review: New Adventures of Flash Gordon

After working 2 years on the Phantom 2040 Series for the Hearst Corporation, I helped facilitate bringing in the super talented Nick Pugh to design the characters for the next series we pitched, Flash Gordon.

Working with Nick on this project was one of the best times I have had in design, and I spent the time developing a look and feel for this new universe along side the development of the characters. [ You can see the characters on Nick's site linked on the sidebar>]

In these sketches, I focused on vehicles which I used the new "Hubbless" wheel tech coming out of Italy on them. I went all out with Gatlin' guns on the bike, and N02 for that extra "butt pucker" experience when being chased by Ming.

The top sketch above was a "box car" that I got inspired by a car that fellow A.C.C.D .alumni Paul Kirley did back in school based on a simple cube. It has an offroad exhaust for mud runnin' too.

All 3 vehicle concept designs took about 12 Hrs to complete.

Cheers, THOM

Link is in Post title, or paste text in below into your browser:

http://www.hearstent.com/flashgordonnew.html

No comments:

Post a Comment