Thursday, February 4, 2010

Project Review: The Watchmen



Based on the Comic the "Smiley" button sitting in a gutter.

A shot of the city used as a background for character poster Ideas.

A Second shot of the city used as a background for character poster Ideas.

The Iconic "Smiley" from the Graphic Novel falling into a pool of blood.




Project Review: The Watchmen


Client: Warner Brothers via The Cimarron Group. Art Director(s): Calvin Sumler, Joseph Stamper. Project Date Summer 2007

For the Watchman film I worked very early on before filming on some pitches for trailers, and we eventually did some one sheet comps as well. Though the work was not picked or finished, it was a fun project to work on.

The city above had a crazy one day turn around and I had to build as big a section of a city as I could in one day. I used my preexisting models for at least half the scene which helped meet the deadline.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment