Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Project Review:Out Takes City Walk

Final Design for the Main Computer table.[ note the vintage Mac split keyboard]

Final Design for the Blue-Screen Frame.

Early design using luxury finishes of wood and stainless steel frames.

A second luxury version with articulated monitors that adjust.

A version very close to what finished.


Out Takes
Universal City Walk 1992

Client: Out Takes Via Eric Allard at All Effects.
Art Director: Eric Allard.
Project Date Summer 1992

Before I was working full-time in 2D television animation I had a one month gig to work out at Eric Allard's All Effects in the Valley on the Out-Takes project.

Out-Takes was a blue screen photography studio at Universal's City Walk Outdoor Mall in California, where you can be put into a scene from a film in a photoshoot. I was commissioned to design the main interface table that used 3 monitors[ BIg tube type] as this was 1992. I also designed the main support for the blue scree backdrop as well.

I did about 45 different versions of the table before one was picked and manufactured in house at All Effects. As a 3D History note, one of the fabricators hooked me up with Ray Dream Designer for the Mac as my first 3D program I owned.

Cheers, THOM

P.S. Post Title Links to site for All Effects and Eric Allard: http://www.allfx.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment