Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Project Review: DareDevil 2003-PART I

I finished the buildings on the sides as the up-rez of the photos was too costly over 3D.

Full Text Logo from Comic book done in 3D.

High Contrast 2D look Logo.

Back-lit Glass Double "D"s.

Double "D"s in brushed steel on leather.

Energy Double "D"s with braille rivets.

A two layer Double "D" logo in higher contrast with a bit more gradients.

Another High Contrast Double D based closer to the original Logo.


DAREDEVIL!
PART I

Client: 20th Century FOX via BLT and Associates.
Art Director(s): Rick Lynch and Eddie Segura.

Project Date: Summer 2002.

Having done a few Superhero logos so far during my first year at BLT, I moved on to many more including the new Daredevil film with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner. The logo with the interlocked double "D"s was essential as well as a stylized version of the comic name. I experimented with leather, steel, and glass in the logos, as well as doing some ultra high contrast 3D logos that feel almost 2D. I also hid a bit of braille into the rivets in a few ideas playing on the main characters skills as a blind superhero. they all spell out daredevil.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment