Thursday, June 17, 2010

Project Review: CNN 3D Logos.

Using the existing color red an all red theme.

A lime green theme in metal.

Chrome in a red mist environment.

Monochromatic version in bright metals.

Blue Metals with red lighting.

X-Ray Logos.

Red Glass Logos.


CNN 3D Logo Color Development.
PART I

Client: CNN via BLT and Associates.
Art Director: Na.
Project Date: Summer 2002.

When I worked at BLT and Associates they shared the same building as CNN, so naturally we pitched to do some on air graphics for them, so I developed some material and lighting looks for the CNN logo. We pitched about a dozen themes including a stylized x-ray look, a full color theme, and a number of glass options. An overall enjoyable exercise that did not finish.

Cheers, THOM

2 comments:

  1. Holy sh!t your work is tremendous. I work in 3D full-time and also have my own company but my area is display design.

    I'd love to get in touch with you to discuss your methods as (to be quite brutal to myself) your images make mine look like a 5-year old's crayon drawings!

    Have a look at my company's website please: www.chameleonre.co.uk, I would love it if you could give me some hints and tips on how I can 'go that step further' in my work.

    Have a great day!

    Andy
    andymacdesign@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy,Very knis Thank You!

    I will take a look at your site, and Cheers over to that side of the Pond!

    P.S. are you in 3DSmax?

    ReplyDelete