Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Napkin Sketching and Doodles: PART XII-Even More Character Design Sketches.

I have always loved to sketch little green men from space, this one is angry at the bar I visited...



Big Mouth was based on a guy who had a comb over and the BIGGEST TEETH I have ever seen.



A perturbed little chap in a turtle neck sweater, He was at Q's Billiards in Pasadena when I sketched this character based on him.




This angry 'big chin smoking guy', was out front waiting in line so he was my last "victim' of a doodle.

Sketching Part XII
Even More Character Design Napkin Sketches
 In this twelfth installment of the Napkin Sketches, Drawings, and Doodles I do I have put up four more character designs that I created over the years.

Character design, as I noted in my last post, is a great creative exercise to keep your degin skills on point. You deal with proportion, emotion, character, and feelings as well as a themed look, all in one design. Find what you love to draw, and do it often, put the mouse down a bit.

Napkins have always been my "mini canvas" and I am always tempted to sketch on one, every time I have the chance, or even better yet, a blank backed cardboard coffee coaster and a ball point is all I really need.

You can view the other parts as follows:

PART I

PART II

PART III

PART IV

PART V

PART VI

PART VII

PART VIII

PART IX 
PART X

PART XI

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment