Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Project Review:Key Art and Promo work for The Italian Job 2003-PART-I

 
 I took the mini badge logo from the car, reproduced this 3D "virtual badge", and replaced the mini type with TIJ-[ The Italian Job].



 I really LOVE this alt we ended up with. Great call by AD[ Art Director] Ronnie to up it to the Italian flag and warm up the scene.



 Here you can see how I built the logo parts including the crowned back piece inside the glass cover.
 


 A wall of gold bars stacked used as an edge to edge back-drop for some various One Sheet ideas pitched for the Film remake in 02'.[ See the film!]



 I moved the bars around so the pattern would not be too symmetrical, I color coded the moved bricks as I worked.




Project Review
The Italian Job 2003
Key Art 3D Illustrations
PART I


Client: Paramount Pictures via BLT and Associates.
Art Direction: Ronnie Blummenberg.
Project Date: Summer 2002 - Spring 2003

Last night, after two twelve hour work days I relaxed and saw again, the remake for, The Italian Job. A fun film , and I LOVE the old mini that Charlize Theron Drives....If you are a fan of the OG minis',  GO HERE!

It reminded me that I worked on some Promotional artwork, as well as some Key Art 3D Illustrations, back in 02' while at BLT and Associates. So today I have posted PART I to the work that I did for thhis liitle job.

FIrst I did a wall of gold bars for a One Sheet comp and rendered them out wit alpha channels and a depth map for the Srt Directors to comp into the various designs. 

I also did a Mini Logo converted  with a TIJ inside to replace "mini" to cross promote the new mini in the films. We printed up booklets and shipped tham out including the faux Carbon FIber backgeound.

A fun little gig.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment