Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Project Review Conceptual Design: Un-Named Teaser Trailer Spaceship Conceptual Designs PART II

Here is the first concept design I did for the version B round, which was more of a saucer shape like the typical flying saucer for the project.


I built 3D rough blocking models to mass the object and get a grid pattern to work over due to budget and time constraints.


Here the original sketch is still taped to the 3D Perspective Grid underneath the velum.


This second version of the round "B" design was one of my favorites. I added a lot more surface details and cabin level details. 


The 3D Base massing object I quickly built to use as the underlay.




Here is a shot of the design with the  3D perspective grid object I built out still taped underneath it.




Here is a quick massing of a group of the fighters[ just the blocking models] as they all linked together to create a nano-cloth surface.


 Project Review
Conceptual Design:
Un-Named Teaser Trailer
Spaceship Conceptual Designs PART II
 
Client: Rock!T[ Now Method Studios]
Art Direction: Seven Viola.

Project Date: July 2011.

Today I am posting for my regular Tuesday 2D post, part two showcasing my design project from just over a year ago in the Summer of 2011 that I did for Steven Viola at Method Studios as well.

For this round of spaceships I only did the little ones, so there were no big mother ships for this round.

As before, I could do this faster with my 3D perspective grid blocking done in 3D, though I presented the finals as sketches , the base was concepted in 3D first to speed things up and lower the cost substantially for my client.


Today I have posted my second design B, I will be posting the final 2D sketches for design C, as well as showing the 3D versions of A that I took a bit farther before I completed the project last Summer.

You can review PART I here showing off Design A in two versions.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment