Thursday, February 14, 2013

3D Model Sales: Part XIII-Electrical Light Switch and Wall Outlet

 An overhead shot of the two small 3D Props I sell online for your 3D Animation, Architectural render or 3D Illustration.


 A fully 100% Subdivision surface can be subdivided to as high as your machine can handle for a great close up shot.

 A shot at center level on the two wall plates.

 The Base OBJ and FBX exports come in low res format so the end user can add the division in their native program for speed and control.

 Switched "ON" is modeled into that little flipper switch too.


 I Also SPB* modeled "OFF" with the switch in the down position

 The back of the plates show a bit of details in case your close up shows thru.

 The quad surface is seen here with the wireframe on.

 Side by side shot of the small 3D model set I sell.

 The above wires for the two electrical plates.

 The exploded view showing the parts on the Light Switch and Wall Plug Outlet.


3D Model Sales
Part XIII
Electrical Light Switch and Wall Outlet

I sell my 3D models online at Turbosquid, the leading stock 3D model house,  so for this PART XIII[13th], I am reviewing a much smaller part I sell, that of of a set of wall plates with a light switch and plug outlet that I sell here.


These smaller items get a lot of use over the years that I've done 3D Illustration, for almost every interior shot of architecture that I've done. I also have done close up renders of the light switch for some posters in the past, so I figured I should build out a high rez subdivision version of them to use, and also to sell for other 3D Designers and 3D Artists use too.

They say the devil is in the details, and these little items will add in a layer to a blank room or one wall shot.

I also decided to model in the type to this set rather than a bump map as I've done in the past, so I did a mini SPB[ Single Point Beveled ] text piece and extended it out to the full switch.

I use these with no subdivision all thru a bigger set, or room, and will add a turbo-smooth if we get close up, that is the advantage to subdivision models is you can always uprez them as needed. A quick small detail to add realism to any shot you have to present.   
 
I export all my 3D assets to FBX and OBJ so my friends in Cinema 4D , Maya, and Soft-XSI can use these assets as well.

To view all my 3D models I sell, you can go here. If you want to see a couple of hundred of 3D models I built in the past that my prior employer still sells, you can go here too.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment