Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Project Review Priest: 3D Cross Weapon Build-Out for Motion Graphics Trailers 2010

 The final Virtual Prop Model I re-created and rendered out for Priest[2011].


 The 3D Model was built 100% subdivision for my client uses Maya and I always provide assets that way so they have full use for close up's etc.


 An exploded view shows the various parts to this Cross weapon I made for the Trailers.


 The Mesh wireframe shot for the above shot as well shows my build below the textures.


 A closer view of the Cross blade where the mini side bladed pop out of.

 
 Here is a front and side render of the object.


Project Review
Priest: 3D Cross Weapon Build-Out
for Motion Graphics Trailers 2010

Client: Screen Gems via Greenhaus Graphics
Creative Direction: Helen Greene
Project Date: July 2010.


I regularly build out 3D assets for my Motion Graphics clients to use in their trailers, and I did a Cross Weapon from the film Priest for GreenhausGFX back in 2010 for them, so today a bit of behind the art on my build of the prop.
I was given a screen shot from the film, of the prop in question and as usual I do a bit of reverse engineering and rebuild a functioning 3D Virtual Prop so thy could animate this for a few Theatrical Motion Graphics pieces.

I build out the 3D Asset and export as both a FBX and OBJ so they can use it in their Maya pipeline. A fun project, and about 2 Hrs of work to deliver.

You can review my prior 3D Models I have done for GreenhausGFX here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment