Tuesday, March 11, 2014

3D Stock Model Build Review: Shifter Kart-Professional Go-Cart built for online sales 2004.

A Decade back now I built this detailed Shifter Kart for online stock-model sales.


This overhead birds-eye shot shows off the overall frame and components.

 
3/4 side view showing the single cylinder motor.

 
A low angle front view of the Carbon Fiber front spoiler.

 
This 3/4 front view shows the brake vents int he fascia.

 
The only view that matters to your opponents in a race....



The model was built from hundreds of hand made 3Dparts for each component to come together as this custom Kart.


 The textured shot in exploded view to see the various fasteners and components.


A close up side view exploded view.


A Quad view of the full exploded view of all components.


 An exploded view shows the various parts textured floating in the scene.


3D Stock Model Build Review
Shifter Kart Professional Go-Cart built for online sales 2004.

Client: The Cimarron Group for Stock 3D Model Sales.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date: December 2005.

Back in 2004 I was 3D Design Director at The Cimarron Group, and I regularly did both 3D Illustration, as well as 3D Animation for the print and AV division, in which I built out highly detailed 3D Models, and today I am reviewing a 3D model I made specifically for online sales.

I build my 3D models with a high level of detail on the parts so that the end user of the stock model can use them for close up shots and this Cart was no different. This model was built with many secondary parts that I could use elsewhere in the disc-brake and other areas.

We did at one point consider a pitch the ESPN as they were doing a Shifter Kart reality show and we were going to pitch the title sequence with a disassemble video, but they did not proceed with the pitch so the model basically sat and was sold online.

The model is still for sale online at the largest 3D stock company TurboSquid and can be seen here. Also the engine can be bought alone here, and the brakes here.

I will continue showcasing many of the stock 3D models I have from various companys I have prepared them for in future posts, so enjoy!


Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment