Monday, May 19, 2014

Project Review: SALT 2008-3D Logo exploration PART IV

A Single-Point Beveled font[ hand-built] here with a crystal glass-like material applied for this SALT logo.

This has a rounded bevel outside in chrome with a bright red textured center or face to the letters that is pressed back into the type in the Z direction away from camera.

A heavy bevel for the heavy metal rusted look "Old Russia". The font top is heated up so the metal is glowing.

A multi-plate design with a red extrusion and a gold face with a mini-bevel. The Hammer and Sickle is used for the "A" in this one.

 A Dual plate with the top 'Red" object sliced horizontally to allow a smooth curve to the face via a FFD[ Free-Form-Deformation] modifier.

A concave Single Point Beveled font in dull chrome on a glossy floor with a reflection.

The Single Point Beveled font in Ruby Red Glass for S.A.L.T.

Another Crystal logo on a Single Point Beveled hand built font, this time all lower-case.

 The above model[ SPB] with a warm bronze feel like an old Soviet Military badge would have.

Project Review
SALT 2008
3D Logo exploration
PART IV

Client: Columbia Pictures via The Cimarron Group.
Art Director(s): Chris A. Hawkins.
Project Date: Winter 2008.

This is my fourth posting for the 3D design work that I did for the film, SALT in the winter of 2008 while still running the 3D Department at Cimarron, and for today I have more 3D logos to explore as I did over 100 for the assignment.

There were three main Art Directors I did work for in the Poster Design department there, and today these are all from  Art Director, Chris A. Hawkins.

As SALT was a Russian Spy they wanted a liberal use of red in the designs. Steel and metals and blood rends were all good for the look as seen in my prior posts so I varied the application to the various vector files I was given.
Total Logo count that I provided to them was, One-hundred fifty-five[ 155] designs, though they presented maybe five to the client at the end, I always love the process so I understand the drastic cuts needed.

New designers take note, that 5 out of 155 is the norm for a firm to cut down your delivery to, so enjoy the process even if they never use it, your skills will grow and grow the more you do.

You can view PART I here.
You can view PART II here.
You can view PART III here.
You can also view the KGB badge I made here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment