Thursday, May 29, 2014

Project Review: United Artists 3D Logo Designs PART III

 A multi-plate design with warm to cool lighting and a dark reflective floor.


 This concept had a big U&A behind the studio name out in front with blur FX added in.


 For this alt on the above design I relocated the type top and bottom to sandwich the big Icon in the middle. I also extruded it at 10 fold to make it a big metal block for AV animations to have a big side surface for film clip projection onto 3D[ big in 07'].


 I did a few version using Chaplins cane and shadow, here, here, here, and here, always with a variety of fonts to see the final in.


 For this concept the type in in the corner with the lower "Artists" turned 90 degrees. The theory is a fun AV move with the text not typically flat. Same idea here.


 Did a few looks that played on the old 50's logo in the bar as seen in these warm lit multi plate metal version for United Artists.


 Amber glass and gold plates were used in this comp along with reflective and refractive caustics all over the holding device.


 A deep extrusion with a spin effect generated from the logo spin for this concept[ AV]


 I liked the music bars, and used them before. This 3D title design would be fun to animate.

Project Review
United Artists 3D Logo Designs
PART III

Client: United Artists via The Cimarron Group.
Art Director: Myself and others.
Project Date: Fall 2007.

This is my third posting for the 3D logo design work I helped out on when I was in-house at The Cimarron Group back in 2007 as a pitch to gain more business from an existing client we had there.

We would regularly take a stab at a new logo design for a client to try and gain more business, so with this project the owner had every design division, MGFX, DE, HE, Corp, and 3D all do some ideas for the big pitch to United Artists to develop a new look to the film company logo.

The exercise was a great design challenge, that allowed me to review the history and purpose of the studio, as well as take it into a direction for the future. I also was given room to pick fonts and create the look I felt would work.
Though we did not use these, or even present most of them , it certainly was something that I got to thrown my own skills at and was able to hone my skills and design chops.

Cheers, THOM


You can view PART I here
You can review PART II here.


No comments:

Post a Comment