Thursday, March 19, 2015

3D Stock Model Sales: Mica Mission Styled Table Lamp-2004

 The front low angle shot on this typical Mica Lamp built out for online stock 3D Sales back in 2005.

A fully rendered test shot at the same angle of the Mission Mica Table Lamp on a Virtual Soundstage.


This Ambient Occlusion render with wireframe overlay shows the build of the various parts. Details are my favorite part in a build.

This fully 3D Render of the Mica Lamp showcase the bulb interior details from the glowing filament to the supports and internal wires.

 An overhead birds-eye shot in wireframe overlay of this Mica Lamp.

A rendered shot from above showing the full design of the removable Mica Lampshade.

 A Front shot in Polygons of this stock 3D model.
 
The front view rendered out of this Craftsman Era Lamp.

 An exploded view shows the various separate pieces hand built to male this virtual lamp accurate.


 The exploded view from another angle close to the Vintage bulb.
[ available as a separate asset on TurboSquid-(w/o the vintage nipple on the tip): Max & 3DS ]



3D Stock Model Sales
Mica Mission Styled Table Lamp 2004

Client: The Cimarron Group.
Art Director(s): Myself.
Project Date: . November 2005.

I established a 3D Stock Model sales model while in-house at The Cimarron Group from 2003 to 2009, and today to review is a 3D build of a Mission styled Mica Lamp that is iconic as the the Arts and Crafts movement.

This asset is still available for sale at TurboSquid, the largest online stock 3D house from my prior employer as seen  in 3DS.max, and 3DS export formats.

I regularly build stock 3D models for online sales via TurboSquid, and with the down time I had there, I would create these assets for sale to supplement the Departments bottom line.I also am an Arts and Crafts collector and enthusiast myself so I picked this subject matter, as I have a love for the design era, and have built quite a few Craftsman items.

I have a Mica Lamp collection, so I referenced a few designs I have here to create an iconic typical mica lamp. I also do Coppersmithing myself so I love hammered copper work.

You an view all online sale via the TAG, or go to my Cimarron Models here, and my own Sub-D 3DCD work here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment