Thursday, March 5, 2015

3D Stock Model Sales: Vintage Service Station[ Gas Station ]-2005.

The base model rendered out in Ambient with wireframe OL of the Vintage Service Station.

A color test pass on the Vintage Service Station.

 The North Side of the Gas Station with the rack of Oil cans and advertisement Poster frame.

 The fully textured version of the side would be right at home on route 66.

The back of the station has an exit door a few work bay windows and the upper vent.

The downspout is on the side in this virtual shot

A birds-eye overhead view of this small town service station in wireframe.

 Two service bays with corner protection on the foundation.

An across the street viewpoint on the polygon model.

A Magic hour render of the little gas station.

Close up on those vintage gas pumps in ambient occlusion materials.

The textured version with decals applied to the globes.

A close shot down one aisle for gas.

 Textured final 3D rendering of this old time Gas station.

 An exploded view of the parts made for this exterior build out of a Virtual Service station.

 The exploded view even closer shows the many parts in the gas pump, also available by itself.


3D Stock Model Sales
Vintage Service Station[ Gas Station ] 2005

Client: The Cimarron Group.
Art Director(s): Myself.
Project Date: . December 2005.

I established a 3D Stock Model sales segment in my one man show of a Department while I was in-house at The Cimarron Group, and today I am reviewing a 3D Model I made specifically for sale online of a typical Vintage Service Station[ Gas station]. Available still in 3DS.max, and 3DS export formats.

I regularly build stock 3D models for online sales via TurboSquid, and with the down time I had there, I would fill it up with creating these assets for sale to supplement the Departments bottom line.

I enjoy vintage cars, so I create outdoor virtual sets to go along with them, like diner (s), and Drive-Ins, and this service station. I did use this model for our Smart Car pitch as seen here.

I built out many of the smaller objects using B.R.E.P. based N.U.R.B.S. and converted to polygons. Today I would go full Quad-Subdivision to allow the asset a longer shelf-life, but I di go with good details even a decade back.


You an view all online sale via the TAG, or go to my Cimarron Models here, and my own Sub-D 3DCD work here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment